Gurovich, Berk & Associates is happy to announce that we will be offering a $500 scholarship to one pre law undergraduate or first year law student. This will be our 2nd annual scholarship to help support students with aiding in costly educational expenses.
In order to be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in college or law school courses in Fall of 2018
- Proven academic achievement, as evidenced by a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Accepted into a pre law undergraduate program, or a law school in the U.S.
- Born in the U.S., or be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for the scholarships, students should submit:
- A resume that includes community involvement activities
- An essay relating to their chosen area of law, one to three pages in length
- Transcripts from their high school or college
- A complete copy of school transcripts
- A letter of acceptance showing where they plan to attend school in Fall 2018
- Proof of legal residency, preferably a birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card. Social Security Cards will not be accepted.
- The selection committee will choose and notify the scholarship winner the Last week of February, 2018.
- The check will be made payable directly to the award recipient
- The $500 scholarship must be used for tuition or other school-related expenses
- The scholarship award winner will be asked to submit receipts to verify the costs were educational in nature, in accordance with IRS regulations
February 15, 2018
If you or a family member are in trouble and need to speak to an attorney right away, please visit the links below:
- DUI / DWI
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Gun Crimes
- White Collar Crimes